Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter

Was a lazy sort of day for me. Had breakfast with a good friend, dear old Dao, who will be heading to Florida for cardiology this July. Will miss him.... sincere friends are hard to find over here. Anyway, spent the rest of the day at home. Mainly working on my taxes. But after several hours and number that don't make sense, I gave up. Will head to H&R block this week I suppose.
Heard from my interns (had Saturday and Sunday off) that Mr. A was discharged yesterday. Was a wee bit upset that I didn't get to say goodbye to him. The ultimate goodbye, huh? I don't expect him to be around till May. I pray that he will find peace through this chaos. I'll probably send him a card or something. It's frowned upon, some people say that's getting a bit too personal. But scr*w them... I think some doctors think so highly of themselves that they expect us to 'stay professional' and not get too close to patients.
Spent a big chunk of my day working on this big Friday conference presentation too. Had almost completed that, until dear Coolcat said I needed some graphs to make it better (Heh heh, you're probably feeling a wee bit guilty now, aren't you?).
Also... working my my class graduation dinner video. Yes, someone punted the job of making the music video to me. Not that I'm complaining... I like doing these kinds of things. Expect the stoopid Pinnacle Studio 8 kept crashing my pc, and my roomate's pc. So, I either have to figure out what's wrong with that God forsaken program, or stoop down to Windows Movie Maker. Any ideas from all you IT saavy people out there?
I could put the video online too, except I don't know how I could upload this and which server would host this.
Will be oncall again tomorrow (Monday). Monday, then Friday (terminal call) before I begin medical ICU senior month on Saturday. Now THAT's a month I'm almost dreading as much as cardiology. Sick patients. Codes. Basically things I don't get along with. But, April will be my very last month of inpatient oncall for the rest of my working life here. Woo hoo!!