Sunday, May 01, 2005

Kelinik Pakar Kencing Manis & Hormon Ah Boon & Ah Kim

Heard from a good friend from med school. Kowsai (I swear, that's what we all call him. Got the nickname when he got pissed drunk at orientation dinner and yelled 'Kowsai!')(which incidentally means canine feces). Sigh. Those were the good old days. When we were still naive and idealistic. Haven't seen him in 5 years.
He's doing well in the UK now (at least professionally. Relationship-wise he's about as bad as I am). Made a career choice to go into diabetes and endocrine. Like me.
So, we joked about opening our own clinic when we're done. Ah Boon and Ah Kim. That'll be a hoot. In fact, with the various subspecialties my pals and I are going into, we could probably open our own mini-hospital. Let's see, there's a nephrologist, a couple of hematologist/oncologists, endocrinologists, a neurologist, cardiologists and some general surgeons. What we're missing are shrinks.