Sunday, October 23, 2005

New Toy

Finally received my new toy today. Bought it a week ago, and have been anxiously waiting for the parcel to arrive for days.
Palm TX. To replace my 4 year old Palm m505. I'm kinda surprised the 505 survived as long as it did, upgraded mainly because I was wanting something with wi-fi, and my wallet has been giving my butt irritant dermatitis or something, and that itch needed to be scratched.
The specs seem impressive enough; 128 mb flash memory, wi-fi, bluetooth, pretty good display, MP3 capability. Spent hours tinkering, tranferring and installing files. So far, I'm somewhat guarded; in the last half day, this thing has crashed/frozen on me half a dozen times.
Granted, it was partially my fault too, I installed some ancient 3rd party software that's no longer compatible with the platform. But still, have yet to be impressed with the wi-fi. Seems to take forever to load a webpage. And it has hung a couple of times too (then again, perhaps it's my Conan-the-barbarian picture from my blog).
This product is too new on the market to assess. We'll see if it lives up to my expectations, for considering the moolah I spent on it, if it doesn't I'm gonna shove this down Palm's throat and ask for a refund.