Sunday, October 02, 2005

Please, sir, may I have more Papadam?

Banana Leaf Rice!
Was missing my old Lotus® (Jln Gasing) and Kanna® (Section 17) days back in KL. So, out of desperation, we decided to make our own. I think we pulled it off quite well. Made papadam (brought in from Malaysia) which was very good, chicken curry, while CE made some spiced potato whatchamacallit.
Was able to buy banana leaves here quite easily.
Top it up with lai-chee water, and good company.... and wa-lá.... you got pretty a decent banana leaf rice meal. Restoran Nasi Kandar Khoo, M.D. (just bring your own imodium)

Turned out better than the roti canai (made-in-Malaysia) that I tried to make last week. Moral of that story: don't cook and internet-chat at the same time.

"I swear, it IS supposed to be black like that..."


Incidentally, the papadam was really good, and easy to fry. For those overseas heading home for a visit; consider buying packs for yourself. And for those at home wishing to contribute to my papadam addiction, feel free to email me here for my mailing address!