Friday, January 27, 2006

Disclaimer: This has been a busy week, and I've been ill the last couple of day. So let me enjoy my mood swing and fantasize a bit. Yea, I admit I've been blessed with a lot of things. And I am supremely thankful. But that's not what this blog is about. Ever wished you had more? More than what you currently have? Even for a fleeting fantasy moment?
  • I wonder how it feels to be the kind of suave guy who does and says all the right things, in the right, confident way. No fumbling. No stammering. No doubt. No mistaking names. The kind who'll have any father want to give their daughters to you.
  • Or how it would be to be beautiful. Not ugly. Not even okay-looking. But the kinda person who would turn heads when you walked into a room (and not because you left your fly open and your schlong hangin' out). Members of the opposite sex throwing themselves at you, having catfights amongst themselves while trying to impress you. Wanting to have YOUR baby. (I know, it's shallow, but I bet YOU've fantasized that before. Come on...)
  • To be filthy rich. To be able to walk into a car showroom, testdrive a car, and, just to spite the snobbish salesman who thought you couldn't possibly afford his XKR, ask to speak to his colleague and write him a cheque on the spot. After all, what's one hundred G's to someone like me? Sheesh.
  • I'd love to be a total asshole for a week (people I know might actually say that I already am). Not considerate, nor kind, nor thoughtful. But just a total asshole. Because it doesn't really pay to be nice. No one remembers you. So that if you had a crazy patient come in, you could just fire him. I saw a physician do that once in Arizona (it was a county hospital): "Dude, you're already lucky I'm giving you 20 oxycontins. Now get out of my sight before I call the cops on you!" Wish I had the balls to do that.