Monday, March 27, 2006

More Random Thoughts

Had these thoughts in the tub just now. And then, was talking online to HC which made me think somemore.
A wise man once told me.
Sometimes, no matter what you do, or how hard you try, some things just aren't meant to be.

Wise words. Be it career, academics or love. One wonders, if that is the case, why bother? Are we really in control of our lives? Our destiny? Is there such a thing? Are our paths already predetermined, and our roles merely to act it to reality? Pawns in a celestial chessgame, moved by unseen Hands?
What comes to mind, Meg Ryan's character as that heartbroken cardiothoracic surgeon who lost her patient soon after completing surgery.
"Who are we fighting against? Why are we here?"
I know I've had that thought before. Who decides which patient comes out of his vfib, and which patients don't? Who decides which babies live, and how?
Who decides becomes of my life? And when I die?
Can we truly change our lives? Ourselves?
Not sure what I'm thinking about, or where this is going. So consider this thoughts of a muddled mind.