Sunday, March 12, 2006

Snow in March


So I thought winter was over.
It was warm Saturday. Warm enough that I actually was able to go biking, albeit with a longsleeved athletic suit and gloves. 15 glorious degrees (celsius)!
Well, apparently not. It snowed again today. Not a whole lot, but for an hour or two, huge snowflakes. Wet snow.
As though Mother Nature was mocking us. Or confused. A little bit of warmth to tease us, and then a quick 180° turn.
Kinda like how a woman changes her mind: "Not now, honey, I have a headache." Meanwhile you're left hanging, about to pop. And you beg: "But, but you said you wanted it just 30 seconds ago...." And everyone knows begging is so unsexy.
Or how you think that last piece of constipated poop is just about to be expelled, and then whoops, maybe not. Need to take another deep breath and try again.
Okay, maybe a wee bit too graphic there, but I'm just getting a bit impatient with the slow changing of the seasons.
My bike's out and ready to go. The gears are oiled. The helmet's polished. And the gloves washed. Come on already.
Last season was disappointing in that I didn't ride as much as I wanted to. Only 420 km since August. I'm hoping to hit 500 this year.