Saturday, March 25, 2006

Weekend Call

For a weekend call this has been a horrible day.
Never have I had 11 new consults by 11am on a weekend. Not counting the old patients on my list. I was inhouse until after 5pm.
And one of my favourite patients was admitted a few days ago. Congestive heart failure. The sequelae of pulmonary atresia. She's hanging in there, though I wish I could say the same for her morale.
I came home tired, and hungry. So very tired. But I was glad my friends dragged me out for a movie. Inside Man, starring Denzel Washington and Jodie Foxxie Foster. Rowl. Great, great show. I'm too tired to think up superlatives, so 'great' will have to do for now.
It's late. Brain-block. And I've got the oncall pager till Monday morning. So I'll sign-off here.
P/s: The bad thing about being oncall- you can't drink any booze.