Thursday, May 03, 2007

I've often wondered why I am here. Smalltown kid, somewhat of a mommy's boy, the person who got homesick going camping 1 km away from home when he was 12 years old. A boring, unambitious person, more contend being at home with family than leading an exciting life.
And so, it's a mystery to me why I'm here. Half a world away from home. 10 years of medical and postgraduate medical education. By fluke, by accident, at one of the top hospitals in the USA. So unlike me. Perhaps more suited for someone smarter, someone ambitious.
It was a mystery, until you came along. And then, the questions faded away. Suddenly it seemed clear why I was meant to come here. Why fate had planted me thousands of miles away from home. Why I suddenly belonged here.
Honey, the last year has been amazing. To be with the most considerate, thoughtful and caring person I know. Despite our vastly different backgrounds, it's unbelievable how things simply fell into place. Fit so perfectly. So well that I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us.

Kristin Ann Olsen, you have brought so much joy into my life. And I can only hope that I have done the same for you. Will you marry me?

Kristin: I said 'Yes'! He actually proposed (in person!) in Tioman, on the beach late at night. It was very romantic, and the ring is gorgeous. I'm impressed with his choice (Vagus: Heh, women really can't tell cubic zirconia from a real diamond!). Thanks for the messages, everyone! I had fun reading them.