Monday, December 31, 2007

A good day

Today was a good day. Aside from it being New Year's eve. Buddy had a restaging PET today. He shared the good news with me while I was at work. The peri-aortic/celiac nodes had a lot less FDG-uptake than previous. The other previously FDG-avid areas including a supraclavicular node, GE junction, perigastric nodes are no longer FDG-avid. In other words, there appears to be significantly less tumor mass.
We know he's got a long way to go. But at least this was a definite positive step.
As I came home from work, it started snowing. And I caught myself admiring the pretty snowflakes that landed on my windshield. I took these pictures from my car.
How is it that they form these pretty yet each distinctly different star-shaped crystals?
I caught myself smiling. Thinking that these were part of God's miracles. And today, He gave us all another reason to rejoice.
The journey remains long. And with this Buddy will likely start radiation therapy soon. But I can't help but think that The Guy Upstairs was telling us that things will be alright.