Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Another Kembang moment

Here's my second kembang moment (the first was 2 years ago).
Weeks ago, the folks in my old medical college asked me for some photos, for 'PR purposes'. Ok, so I thought it was for some prospectus, or something. Or perhaps it was to warn students of what not to become. So I sent them a few, and didn't think much of this until some of you readers started talking about seeing my picture in the papers (I thought perhaps someone has mistaken Jet Li for me).
And then my dad sends me the newspaper ad. And yesterday, someone emails this to me. Some might say I'm being taken advantage of, since I'm not getting paid a cent. But when you're as narcissistic as I am, you wouldn't mind seeing your face blown up onto a billboard. And truth be told, despite my bitchin' about how moneyminded my old school was, I do owe them a lot, so I didn't mind helping out.
Except that I'm not sure I'm 100% comfortable having my picture so close to two strange-looking guys dressed in tiger suits, holding a stuffed cow and biting on something (and this was supposed to be an ad for rice??)

P/S: 10 bucks to the person who can spray-paint more hair onto my scalp.