Sunday, July 13, 2008

Playing tourguide

I've been playing tourguide the last week. It's been fun, but exhausting. In the days following the wedding, we've:
  1. Flown to Singapore
  2. Then flown to Pulau Redang
  3. Made 4 day trips to KL
  4. Driven to Melaka
I'm pooped, but it's been fun. Got to meet up with numerous friends in Singapore, all part of the Mayo Malaysian-Singaporean family. A special bonus was that I got to check out Gene's Lotus Elise. And we got to finally try the famous chili crabs- a week later I can still taste the crab. Hmmmm.
Redang was just spectacular. A lot nicer than Tioman, IMHO. Though I was initially concerned about the huge group- both our families went- it turned out to be a blast. Our families got along well, even before the Chivas came out. And my parents prepared a special surprise for Kristin's parents who celebrated their 36th wedding anniversary there.

We leave for the US in 5 days; it feels like I still have a ton to do. A few more places her family wants to see before they leave. So, please pardon the paucity of blog updates. More to come, I promise.