Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Question:

Of the following statements about Vagus, which is least accurate?
a) He is showing male pattern baldness
b) He names his cars
c) His armpits smell like cumin
d) He is a closet chick-flick fan
e) He used to sport a fu-manchu moustache and a Tommy Page hairstyle

I've been busy writing up questions like these. Yup, I'm writing up diabolical exam questions for the endocrine course for the 2nd year medstudents here. Question is, should I be kind, or should I be cruel and make some really tricky questions to mess them up?
I feel all powerful, suddenly.

Then, again, with the some of the students I've seen, they like to challenge every question especially if they're getting just a borderline fail. The one who wins the prize last year was the gal who asked that I remove a question from the exam because I apparently said during a lecture that this subject "isn't very important" and hence it was unfair that I asked it in an exam. Never mind that my lecture contained a slide on that topic.

P.S- Re: the question above, any takers? Here's a clue...