Thursday, August 04, 2011

Time Flies

I didn't realize the significance of today until I ran into the hospital HR manager today.

"Happy Anniversary!" He wished me.


Oh yes. It was today, wasn't it?

August 4th 2008 was the day I started work in this medical center.

3 years ago. It didn't feel like it was that long ago when I left my alma mater.

Packed up my stuff from that rental I had lived in with Buddy for 5 years.

Drove our two cars and dog here.

I remember when we closed on our home. How we spent the first night sleeping on the floor, because the movers were going to arrive only a day later.

I remember my first day at work. Feeling lost physically, not knowing where to go. Fumbling with the computer system. Still uncertain if I was treating patients right, seeing that that was the first time in my professional life when I did not have to present the case to anyone else for approval.


Time flies. And I do catch myself wondering what's in store for the future...