Monday, November 21, 2011

Yawn

I'll admit it.
I've had on numerous occasions been tempting to stop blogging.
Not that I don't enjoy it anymore (I do). Just that, looking back at my posts 5-8 years ago, I realize that now, things are just so.... mundane. Boring. Yawn.
Maybe life as a resident in an academic center was more interesting.
Stories about cardiac code-blues.
Or my culinary experiments.
Or attempts to find me a mate and seeing how desperate I was.

Now that I'm 35, married (happily, of course) and a father, and am out in the boring world of practice, my posts just seem so uninteresting.
Yes, admit it, I know you think so too.
The posts about work. My daughter's diaper colors. My dogs. My bowel habits.

Maybe someday life will get more exciting (not that I'm complaining).
Maybe someday a busty redhead Russian spy is going to drive up my driveway in a Ferrari 458 Italia, wanting to seek my help in trying to prevent the domination of the world by the evil organization SPECTRE.
Maybe someday at work there will be a medical crisis, and in swoops the heroic endocrinologist with a syringe of insulin in his holster, and some Levothyroxine pills in his hands, to save hundreds of the critically ill.
Maybe.

Until then, you're stuck with this.