Sunday, January 08, 2012

Ugh

Ugh. I feel like throwing up. And so, I have my barfbag beside me right now, in case something comes up the wrong way.
Though we've been together 5 years now, the wife and I can think so differently sometimes. I blame it on my Malaysian heritage.
I made rendang, briyani (from the packs) and roti canai for dinner just now. I made A LOT of it. And much of it we probably could keep for another day, but I didn't think the roti would thaw well. And here's where we digress.
Kristin: Just throw it away, or give it to the dogs. You can always make more.
Me: You want me to throw away my precious Roti Canai*? Never! Here, I'll find some room for it in my stomach.

In the end, guess whose suggestion was the better one? Ugh. I'm gonna need some Tums.

*May replace with (expired) curry paste/ayam masak merah/sambal belacan/etc. Yes, we've had this conversation many times before. Somehow I never learn.

And yet, ask any Malaysian expatriate. Spices and foodstuff from Malaysia are more precious than gold.