Monday, March 12, 2012

Vacation

We had a busy week! After my, ahem, visit with the endoscope, we had the rest of the week off and spent the week out of town with the in-laws (though it was fun for me to whine to everyone about how I started my 'wonderful vacation' on a clear liquid diet, then being on a bowel prep and getting a tube shoved up my ass!)
It was a special treat as my brother-in-law and sister-in-law flew in from out East with their baby and we got to see him for the first time.
It was an especially meaningful weekend- our daughter (and my nephew) was baptized on Sunday, and even her great-grandparents got to join us for the event. It's something Kris and I want for her- to have a good relationship with God, and this was the first step of hopefully many to come.
Thankfully, she behaved herself pretty well in church, so long as she got to hold her special blankie. And she loved the attention the elderly people gave her!
And best of all, she got to spend quality time, almost the whole week, with Kristin's family! Though they're not quite as far away as mine in Malaysia, she doesn't get to see them much so this was a nice treat. It's amazing how fast she is growing and it was fun to see her interact with them. I can't wait though for my family to come visit again hopefully later this year to see our little girl. In the meantime, thanks to the wonders of technology, she is able to see both sets of grandparents on Skype often enough.