Wednesday, October 16, 2013

15 Days!

Yup, we've begun the countdown to our trip.
It's been 2.5 years since our last trip back, when we planned an urgent visit to bid Buddy farewell. So, it's long overdue, and this time, it's for a happier event. My kid sister, who isn't a kid anymore apparently, is getting a free slave-for-life aka husband.
To say we're excited is probably an understatement. After all, I haven't seen dad for over a year. And haven't met my new nephew. While my dad and brothers have not met our little Monster. So, it'll be a nice family reunion.
In addition, I haven't met many of my highschool and college buddies for a long time. Though with people spread out all over Asia, I know it's not going to be a full house, but we'll make it work.
Admittedly I'm already fantasizing about the food. I know I'll be gaining a few pounds in that 3 weeks. In fact, I'd be disappointed if I didn't (I did that one year when I had food poisoning right before left!).
That all being said, we're still nervous about how the girls will perform on the 20+ hour flight, broken into 3 legs. We shall see.
Jom, mamak!