Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Bye 2013!

I can't believe the year ends in a mere 2 hours (well, it's already 2014 for you guys in Malaysia).
It's been a terribly busy year. And I know it only gets worse when the kids get older and into activities. But I'd like to share some of the highlights for us:
Trip to Houston, Texas. When we, or rather I, got to see NASA. Something the astrogeek in me has always wanted to see. Along those lines, I got to snap some celestial pictures including a nice shot of Jupiter that I'm quite proud of.
 

 
The Olsen family reunion in Ocean City, NJ. It was fun to see the kids basking in the sun, on the same beach my wife and her sisters went to when they were little.
Of course, the most recent, was the Vagus family reunion. True, it was a wedding per se, but it really was a reunion of sorts. Now that we're firmly settled in the US, while my younger brother in Australia and my other two siblings in Malaysia with my parents, we truly have become a globalized family. Alas, this also means the miles separate us, and so it was a true joy to have everyone together again.
 
As we bid farewell to 2013, here's hoping that 2014 will be filled with more tears of laughter than of sadness.
Happy New Year, dear readers