Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Force Awakens

OK, I had to blog about this, right?
Whaddaya think? OMG, right?

I was blown away. Granted, I'm a scifi geek and I love Star Trek and Star Wars, and know enough about them that I wasn't going to be like that girl who went to the Star Wars opening night wearing a Starfleet uniform.


But geekiness and blind loyalty aside, it was a great show. Much better than the previous 3, with no stupid characters like Jar Jar, or corny lines. It was new and foreign enough to feel like a new movie, but yet had enough connections to keep it in the Star Wars family. And it doesn't leave you hanging completely as Episode 5, but does leave you in a bit of suspense at the end.

My goosebumps came out and hairs stood up on the back of my neck when the Star Wars theme came on. And it was a bonus that my 5 year old is into it too, and jumped up and smiled ear to ear when the show started.


The lightsabers. The X-wings. Millenium Falcon. The banshee-like screams of the TIE fighters. OMG OMG. I'm hyperventilating.

It was a great movie, and it's going to be a long wait till Episode 8. I'm not going to give away any of the plot- just go watch it and expect to have a great time. I know I will, for the 2nd time.